Like Us on Facebook!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back To School?

Absolutely not.

But it kinda feels like it for some reason. A week from today, David, Carlin, Corey, and I embark on a ridiculous quest to Cape Cod, MA to reunite with our scream vocalist, Garrett, and rehearse for our upcoming studio date in November. Here's a screenshot of our route:



Once again, it's late August, and I'm preparing to start new things as summer comes to an end, much like the last 15 or 16 years of my life. And of course, we won't be back again until close to Christmas Break. Strange how my life continues to follow somewhat of a school calendar year, even after dropping out of college... Irony, much?

Other than that, life as a musician has been super weird, and very entertaining. I've lost pretty much all sense of time. Every day seems like Saturday — I never have any place I really need to be, I can wake up whenever I want, go to bed whenever I want, etc. I never even know what day it is. The only two dates that mean anything right now are September 6th and November 1st, since they're marked on the band's mental calendar.

It also feels strange that we're actually doing things as a band now. So far, to me, being in a band means just hanging out all the time, doing Stickam broadcasts, writing a little bit of music, saying, "Eh, we'll get it more solid in the studio," and sitting at the kitchen counter, complaining about everything until 2:00 A.M. But in a week, that all changes. It's about to get real, and I'm really excited about it.

So, that's pretty much the gist of what's going on with Send The Messenger and me. I'll leave you with one bit of inside information though:

I'm now endorsing a new drum company called Savior Custom Drums. They are currently making my new set, so watch out for it in our studio updates in a couple months!

Stay well, and God bless.

Thanks for reading,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment